The Austin History
Austin Mutual Insurance Company becomes an affiliate of The Main Street America Group.
Cooperative Mutual Insurance Company merged into Austin Mutual Insurance Company.
Austin Mutual Insurance Company moved to a new headquarters building in Maple Grove.
Austin Mutual Insurance Company introduces a new logo.
Northern Mutual Insurance Company, a member of the Austin Group, was merged into Austin Mutual Insurance Company.
Waseca Mutual Insurance Company merged into Austin Mutual Insurance Group.
Moved to 10 2nd Street NE, Minneapolis, MN.
Austin Mutual celebrated their 100th Anniversary.
The Company moved to 1111 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN.
Austin Mutual issued a $2,000,000 Guarantee Fund Certificate to Waseca Mutual Insurance Company. Waseca Mutual Insurance Company joined the Austin Mutual Insurance Group.
Austin Mutual Windstorm Insurance Company is merged into Austin Mutual Insurance Company.
The company name changed to Austin Mutual Insurance Company.
The merger of Austin Mutual Insurance Company with The St. Paul Mutual Insurance Company was completed, becoming Austin-St. Paul Mutual Insurance Company. A new logo was introduced to reflect the financial strength and growth of all the companies (Austin-St. Paul, Austin Windstorm, United Farmers and Northern Mutual) combined. The company moved to 84 S Sixth Street, Minneapolis, MN.
The assessable business was separated from the non-assessable and the 1931 charter of the Austin Mutual Dwelling House Fire was used to create the Assessable Wind Company.
Assets pass three million dollars.
The company moved to 407 South 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN.
Austin Mutual celebrated their 50th Anniversary.
Assets exceed one million dollars for the first time.
The name of the corporation is changed to Austin Mutual Insurance Company.
A proposal to amend the Articles of Incorporation to include cyclone, tornado and windstorm insurance in cities, towns and villages is written. Automobile insurance and a general line of fire insurance was introduced. These are adopted at the 1927 annual meetings.
The company moved to 818 Andrus Building, Minneapolis, MN. The corporate name was changed to The Austin Mutual Insurance Company of Minnesota.
The principle place of doing business was changed to Minneapolis, MN.
The corporation name is changed to Austin Mutual Hail Insurance Company Of Minnesota and the new home office was moved to Austin, MN.
The principal place of doing business was changed to West Concord, MN.
The principal place of business was changed to Pipestone, MN.
The first official meeting was called to order by Andrew French. The first act was to re-name the corporation Farmers United Township Mutual Hail Association of Minnesota.
Twenty-five representatives of southern Minnesota township mutual insurance companies came together and organized a state mutual hail insurance company in Mankato, MN. The corporation is named State Farmers Mutual Hail Association of Minnesota.